Smoking addiction has been said to parallel that of cocaine and heroin and the psychological dependency even harder to overcome due to the availability of tobacco and its lethal, addictive drug, nicotine.
Over the past two decades, stop smoking programs have come and gone, with little impact on the addiction. Most of these programs,including nicorette gum and the “patch” have been drug (nicotine) based. Common sense dictates that you should not use the addictive substance to overcome the addiction! This approach is like having an alcoholic switch from Gin to Rum to try to quit drinking. In addition, stop smoking programs have been dealing with either the physical or psychological aspects of the addiction; very few have considered detoxification.
We believe the answer to overcoming nicotine addiction involves a three phase approach: first, relieve the physical need for the substance without using a drug; second, address the psychological dependence to develop an addiction-free lifestyle; and third, support the body to rid itself of toxins and repair damage using only safe, natural and holistic Products. Our approach is based on more than two decades of clinical experience, thru more than 65 clinics using the Alpha Lifestyles training techniques. This results in one of the highest success rates of all stop-smoking programs. And, its completely painless.
While relaxing in a comfortable treatment chair, our certified laser therapist will explain the procedure to you.
First they will ask you to wear protective eyewear. Treatment is given using the Omega XP low level laser. A smallhand wand is applied to various acupuncture points in the ear, on the wrist and on the arm, and feet. Each point is held for 30 seconds. You may feel a slight warm or tingling sensation, but many of our patients feel nothing. As thepoints are stimulated with the laser light, your body will begin to release endorphins and other powerful neuro-chemicals which cause a pleasant sense of relaxation. Based on traditional Chinese medicine, ear acupuncture (also known as auriculotherapy) targets specific ear points that are used to release neurotransmitters in the brain such as dopamine, serotonin, and endorphins, the pleasure centres of the brain, which help to break the addiction
cycle. When you stimulate an acupuncture nerve point, your brain can release the neurotransmitters that eliminate cravings from addiction withdrawal.
Benefits Of Laser Therapy To Stop Smoking…
Some benefits of using laser therapy to quit smoking with Laser Health Centre:
• Painless though the treatments are based on theories of acupuncture, no needles are used. Only low intensity laser.
• Safe – Any contraindications to treatment, risks or side effects are discussed individually with each patient to facilitate informed consent. Unlike most pharmaceutical solutions and other therapeutic options, laser therapy is non-toxic and non-invasive.
• Reduces cravings – your desire for nicotine is diminished compared to going “cold turkey”.
• Reduces stress – laser therapy usually improves mood, reduces feelings of anxiety, depression and other negative emotional factors that affect a persons stress levels. Most leave their treatment with a general sense of well being.
• Motivation because your nicotine cravings are diminished, patients often discover they have more motivation to make other positive lifestyle changes (healthier diet, more exercise, etc.)
It takes 28 days to make or break a habit so get excited about which new habits youll replace smoking with!